Basic Correctional Officer (BCO) Exit Requirements
Modified Cooper Single Norms
The exit exam is required for certification in any academy.
- Vertical Jump (16 inches)
- Sit-Ups (27 Reps-One Minute)
- Push-Ups (18 Reps -Maximum repetitions with no time constraint and no rest during this phase of the test)
- 1.5 Mile Run (15:12)
The procedure and order for testing is recommended as follows:
- Warm up for 3 minutes; perform the Vertical Jump test and rest for 2 minutes.
- Perform the One Minute Sit Up test and rest for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Perform the Maximum Push Up test, then rest for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Do the cardio-warm up for 2 to 3 minutes, then perform the 1.5 Mile Run and cardio-cool down for 5 minutes.